Union of Kenya Civil Servants (UKCS).
The Union of Kenya Civil Servants (UKCS) is a sole Trade Union body in Kenya legally mandated to organize and represent employees within the service of the Government in all matters relating to their terms and conditions of employment.
To be a Trade Union of choice for all workers to attain guaranteed job security and improved workers’ economic and social status.
To promote improvement in the welfare of public servants, facilitate achievement of fundamental workers’ rights, guarantee social protection and provide effective representation to the members.
Benefits of being a member (why join us)
UKCS represents members in matters through providing assistance in various Employment Industrial Relations issues such as:
- Unfair labour practices
- Ill treatment at the workplace
- Unfair transfers and redeployment
- Promotion, progression and upgrading grievances
- Representation at disciplinary hearings
- Representation at Mediation and Arbitration
- Representation at the Industrial court
- Offer advice and guidance to members on daily work issues as well as how to respond to disciplinary letters.
- Unfair dismissals.
- Provision of security of tenure of office.
Our Values and Principles (key focus area)
UKCS subscribes to the following values and principles:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Participatory leadership
- Respect for the rights and privileges of members
- Workers solidarity
- Equal representation
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Innovation and Continuous Learning
- Results Orientation